Support Link: New Diagnosis?Urgent requests for support and guidance are encouraged for all childhood cancer families, especially new diagnosis.
Please contact Sandy Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Gold Rush Cure Foundation
The mission of Gold Rush Cure Foundation is to raise vitally needed awareness and funding to help eradicate childhood cancer and be advocates for all families affected by this disease.
We pursue our mission by providing support and assistance within advocacy and awareness, collaboration, and research. Please explore each of these to learn more about our agenda and please get involved.
Learn About Our Story – What Started Gold Rush Cure Foundation
Up until May 2006 our son Christian was a normal healthy kid just like any other. In many ways were were an ordinary family. All of that changed when our family was introduced to the cancer world. Christian was diagnosed with a rare form of ALL Leukemia the day after his 13th Birthday. Christian had been exceptionally healthy his entire life with perfect attendance (or close to it) every year of school, so the diagnosis of Leukemia came as such a total shock.
Recent Blog Posts:
- A Message From Gary Barker – Christian’s Dad - Dear Gold Rush Cure Supporters, I’m not a runner, but last two years I have run in the Surf City Half Marathon as part of Team Gold Rush Cure to raise money for childhood cancer. This year I am again … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Gold Rush Cure Foundation Lauds Health Canada for Approving Prochymal® for the Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease in Children - Laguna Niguel, Calif.—May 18, 2012—The Gold Rush Cure Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to raising public awareness and funding for research to eradicate childhood cancer, today expressed praise for Health Canada’s decision to approve the stem cell therapy Prochymal® … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Team Gold Rush Cure: Running For Childhood Cancer – We Did It! - We Did It! On February 5, 2012 the team members for Team Gold Rush Cure completed the Surf City Half Marathon. It was a beautiful day for the event and everyone had a great time running, walking and raising money … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Team Gold Rush Cure: Running For Childhood Cancer – January Update - Just wanted to give you an update to let you know where we are with our fund-raising efforts. Our team of 15 runners have raised a total of $18,465 (which is great so far). Our Board has issued a challenge … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Team Gold Rush Cure – November Update - In early October we announced the formation of Team Gold Rush Cure. The purpose of the team is to raise money by running in the Surf City Marathon/Half Marathon on February 5th 2012 in Huntington Beach, CA. So far we have 13 runners … Continue reading . . . Read More »