Support Link: New Diagnosis?Urgent requests for support and guidance are encouraged for all childhood cancer families, especially new diagnosis.
Please contact Sandy Barker at email@example.com
Tribute DonationsWe are thankful for many people who have named Gold Rush Cure Foundation as a tribute donation recipient. To make a donation, click the link below:
Welcome to Gold Rush Cure Foundation
The mission of Gold Rush Cure Foundation is to raise vitally needed awareness and funding to help eradicate childhood cancer and be advocates for all families affected by this disease.
We pursue our mission by providing support and assistance within advocacy and awareness, collaboration, and research. Please explore each of these to learn more about our agenda and please get involved.
Learn About Our Story – What Started Gold Rush Cure Foundation
Up until May 2006 our son Christian was a normal healthy kid just like any other. In many ways were were an ordinary family. All of that changed when our family was introduced to the cancer world. Christian was diagnosed with a rare form of ALL Leukemia the day after his 13th Birthday. Christian had been exceptionally healthy his entire life with perfect attendance (or close to it) every year of school, so the diagnosis of Leukemia came as such a total shock.
Recent Blog Posts:
- A Trip to Washington - The founders of Gold Rush Cure are committed to being the voice for all children with childhood cancer both locally and nationally. Sandy Barker has been to Washington D.C. 5 times and counting. She has represented children with cancer via the Leukemia … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Childhood Cancer Facts - CHILDHOOD CANCER FACTS: Childhood cancers are the #1 cause of death for our children. More than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, & pediatric AIDS combined. #2 only to accidents. One in every 330 children will develop cancer before the age of … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- KidsCancerFight.org Announcement - Our foundation GOLD RUSH CURE is collaborating with other local, regional, and national childhood cancer organizations through KidsCancerFight.org. This group of Childhood Cancer Organizations have taken the unprecedented steps to collaborate and support the production of a radio public service announcement … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Advocacy trip to Washington DC – September 2011 - A note from GRCF Co-Founder Sandy Barker: On September 21-25, 2011 I was in WashingtonDC to further advocate for childhood cancer causes. This was my 10th trip to DC since my son Christian died 3 ¾ years ago. It … Continue reading . . . Read More »
- Team Gold Rush Cure – November Update - In early October we announced the formation of Team Gold Rush Cure. The purpose of the team is to raise money by running in the Surf City Marathon/Half Marathon on February 5th 2012 in Huntington Beach, CA. So far we have 13 runners … Continue reading . . . Read More »